10.27.2011

How to use a TWSBI Diamond 50 Ink Bottle


The other day, I was trying to explain to my Dad why I was so excited that we were getting the new TWSBI Diamond 50 Ink Bottles. He owns a Diamond 540 fountain pen, but he didn't quite get it. In his words, "Wait, a $25 ink bottle and it doesn't come with any ink!?"

So I had to demonstrate why this bottle is so cool, yet functional, especially for someone that owns a TWSBI Diamond 530/540 pen.

Highlights from the video:
  • Taking apart the Diamond 50 ink bottle and explain the idea behind the design.
  • Filling the ink bottle with your choice of fountain pen ink.
  • Filling your fountain pen the conventional way, using either a converter or piston mechanism.
  • Filling your TWSBI fountain pen using what I refer to as the "express method."
This is my first full "pen demo" video, and I did shoot (& edit) it at 2am this morning. Please be kind. :-) We hope to do many more of these in the future, especially short (1-2 minute) videos for RefillFinder.com. If you like this and would like to see more videos, please feel free to request a specific pen or topic.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!  The piston filling insert in ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the video!  Clear, concise and easy to follow.  Now I'm even more eager to get my bottle. 
    CatBookMom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this video. There's nothing like seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pen some times makes a positive impact to the person in
    front of you, your clients or customer so makes your choice unique and impassive.
    Chose here latest Engraved Pen


     for more info visit
    us http://www.lanierpens.com


     

    ReplyDelete